Leading up to the wedding, I wasn’t 100% sure I’d made the right choice about my bridesmaids dresses. I decided to have each girl choose their own dress in any shade of bright warm pink as long as it was around knee length. I loved the choice each girl had made separately, but I am so bad an envisioning the final product that I just wasn’t sure if it would all come together.
Good news. It all worked!
Try and pretend like the room isn’t icky green. I’m not really sure who decided that was a great idea for a bridal room, but whatevs. The dresses are gorgeous together.
Can we take a moment and appreciate that they all have different necklines. Seriously, I couldn’t have planned that if I tried. There’s one-shoulder, strapless, halter-ish, and regular straps. I thought it was awesome that they were all so different but they managed to look cohesive.
And of course we had to get up close and personal with the hangers that I made for each girl.
And then, it was finally time for the girls to get dressed (because after they were dressed, I could get dressed!). As the girls started to step into their dressed, I suddenly remembered something very important.
I yelled, “You guys!! I’m supposed to pee before I put on my dress!!” (It was a very classy moment.) But seriously, don’t forget to pee before you put on your dress. You just don’t know when you’ll get another chance 🙂
I ran up to the reception site (the only place with a bathroom) and did my thing.
When I returned, the girls were dressed and beautiful. They were gathering their bouquets, and we were all so pumped about how gorgeous those paper flowers turned out.
And it was time!!! Time for the
most second most anticipated moment of the day: time to put on my dress!!
If you missed any part of this whale of a tale, get caught up here. Previously…
- My underwear was nabbed by the underwear bandit.
- We did last minute errands in Atlanta, then drove to Blairsville, where I had an emotional moment in the courthouse getting our marriage license.
- I got emotional at our rehearsal. Then it was off to bed, where my Ambien caused some unexpected weirdness.
- I awoke on my wedding day, and headed off to get ready with my bridesmaids (and give them some gifts!)
- My braided hairstyle was everything I ever dreamed of.
- After putting on my veil, it was time to head over to where I was getting married!!