Nothing prepared me for the sheer joy I would feel on my wedding day. I was on top of the world. I felt like the luckiest girl in the world, with the best friends, the best family, the best (almost) husband, and the most beautiful dress I could ever imagine.
Because our wedding was a destination wedding, I couldn’t do any of the “specialty” photo shoots, like a Trash the Dress or a Rock the Frock. But I really wanted to showcase my dress, so I carved out a little extra time on the wedding day for more bridal portraits.
I made a few photo requests during my last conversation with Brenda. I tried not be be too specific with my requests. (I didn’t ask to recreate any photos from Pinterest or anything.) I requested three things: an epic veil shot (yes, I used those exact words), a shot with fabulous lighting (if the opportunity presented itself), and photos with bubbles (because my mom brought her bubble maker, and that’s awesome).
The epic veil shot turned out to be an epic win.
I am so in love with all of these photos. I’m not actually sure which ones were the result of actual wind and which ones were the result of bridesmaid-induced wind. Who cares. If I don’t know, no one else will ever know.
Seeing as I’m not a photographer, I had no idea if Brenda got any shots with awesome lighting.
She did 🙂 I honestly have zero memory of these pictures taking place. But… I guess they did.
As we headed up to the reception barn to get some photos with the bubbles, we snapped a few more shots. The instructions for this next one were, “Twirl around a bit.”
After our wedding day, I am the master of the twirl. It’s already a go-to move in my everyday life. But whereas the twirl might not always be appropriate in regular life (I often bust out a spin move as I’m walking down the hallway to the restroom), it’s actually encouraged on your wedding day. Yes!
After much twirling, we made our way to a gorgeous rose bush. You can see it peeking out behind me.
And finally, the bubbles. I had this vision that the bubbles photos would be so artsy and perfect, and I would just swoon over them. Reality check. Bubbles have a mind of their own!
I’m pretty sure they were aiming for my eyes and nose. Don’t believe me? Here’s concrete evidence.
Ha! Okay, so my artsy fartsy dreams didn’t exactly turn out. But, I still absolutely love these photos. They’re so fun, and they completely capture exactly what happened on my wedding day, which was, in Mr. Whale’s words, “the most fun day ever.”
Did you have any photos that turned out completely different from how you expected? Anyone else get attacked by bubbles?
*All photos by the amazingly talented Brenda Upton Photography.
If you missed any part of this whale of a tale, get caught up here. Previously…
- My underwear was nabbed by the underwear bandit.
- We did last minute errands in Atlanta, then drove to Blairsville, where I had an emotional moment in the courthouse getting our marriage license.
- I got emotional at our rehearsal. Then it was off to bed, where my Ambien caused some unexpected weirdness.
- I awoke on my wedding day, and headed off to get ready with my bridesmaids (and give them some gifts!)
- My braided hairstyle was everything I ever dreamed of.
- After putting on my veil, it was time to head over to where I was getting married!!
- The bridesmaids got dressed, and then I got dressed!!
- I showed off my accessories, which featured turquoise tights, a fab hair flower, and a bright pink crinoline!
- The bridesmaids and I took some super fun photos.