I’m going to be honest. I haven’t really been able to come up with a fun and exciting angle for a post about our food. I thought about not including dinner in the recaps, but then I thought people might think we didn’t feed our guests. I want you to know that we did have dinner. And according to our guests, it was tasty.
Maybe I don’t know what to say because I didn’t eat hardly anything all day. It wasn’t because I was busy and had no time to eat. I just wasn’t hungry. (This never happens to me!! To this day, it is a complete mystery.)
In any case, there was food. We had a buffet that consisted of caesar salad, garlic bread, pasta with a choice of marinara or pesto sauce, julienned vegetables, grilled chicken, and shrimp.
Mr. Whale and I filled up our plates and took them to our lovely sweetheart table.
Guests stopped by to say hi, and we had a few moments to just hang out.
Oh, and I forgot to mention that our coordinator was incredible. As soon as we entered the reception, she asked us what we wanted to drink and got us drinks.
And when she noticed that I wasn’t eating hardly any food, she offered to make a plate of food for me and stick it in the back in case I got hungry later! How awesome is that. (I never did get hungry later, but if I had… I’m sure I would have been pumped about that food.)
So Mr. Whale and I sat with our food for a few minutes.
Then we visited a few tables. And of course a small regret goes here. Every bride wishes she had more time to talk to everyone. I’m not different. Argh! I feel so bad that there are some people that I didn’t talk to at all! And we only had 90 guests. I can’t even imagine how many people would get missed at a 200-person wedding!
But truthfully, I can’t come up with a solution to this problem. There just isn’t enough time to hang out with everyone and keep everyone entertained. We could have spent an hour going around to all the tables, but then we would have spent forever waiting for the toasts and the dancing and all that jazz.
So we ran around saying “Hiiiiiiiii” for about twenty minutes, and before we knew it, it was time to cut the cake! That’s coming up next!
*All photos by the super snazzy Brenda Upton Photography.
If you missed any part of this whale of a tale, get caught up here. Previously…
- My underwear was nabbed by the underwear bandit.
- We did last minute errands in Atlanta, then drove to Blairsville, where I had an emotional moment in the courthouse getting our marriage license.
- I got emotional at our rehearsal. Then it was off to bed, where my Ambien caused some unexpected weirdness.
- I awoke on my wedding day, and headed off to get ready with my bridesmaids (and give them some gifts!)
- My braided hairstyle was everything I ever dreamed of.
- After putting on my veil, it was time to head over to where I was getting married!!
- The bridesmaids got dressed, and then I got dressed!!
- I showed off my accessories, which featured turquoise tights, a fab hair flower, and a bright pink crinoline!
- The bridesmaids and I took some super fun photos, and then I took some solo shots. And then the guys got in on the photo fun.
- I squealed with excitement over our wedding video sneak peek.
- The girls feasted on snacks while the guys panicked.
- We processed in, and Mike began our ceremony. We said our vows (which were written on our manatee cards), exchanged rings, and Mr. Whale sang a special song.
- I hugged some people, even though I felt awkward. Then we moved on to family photos.
- The wedding party posed, jumped, and ran! Mr. Whale and I took some pictures together.
- We kicked the reception off with some Montell Jordan and Van Halen!