Once the band got going, the dance floor was a pretty happening place.
We kind of took a risk with our band, because we had literally never heard them before. Plus, they got a new singer a few months before our wedding. But let me tell you, they ROCKED. The singer… she blew my mind. (And I’m going to be a music teacher. I listen to people sing all day, every day. She was incredible.)
The bridesmaids flooded the dance floor as soon as the first few notes of The Outfield’s “Your Love” kicked off the night.
It’s just an optical illusion, but doesn’t it look like bridesmaid Rachael is shoving Mr. Whale’s face??
It wasn’t long before the photobooth props started making their way to the dance floor…
I wish I could remember what song each of these photos went with. That way I might be able to figure out why I’m making my fierce face in this next one.
Based on the photographic evidence, it seems that many of our guests spent the evening having a few drinks and then making up their own strange dance moves.
Mustaches were involved in a lot of the moves…
Heart-shaped sunglasses go surprisingly well with mustaches.
Can you tell that bridesmaid Rachael was having a good time? 🙂
Occasionally the dancers actually looked like they knew what they were doing.
And of course, there eventually had to be a little dance off. (Why does the “circle” always form at weddings? It’s unavoidable!)
I think it’s safe to say that neither of us really “won” this dance off.
Apparently Mama Whale decided to take a break for a drink whilst in possession of the best photobooth prop.
Giant hand ftw.
I think you get the idea. 80s band + alcohol + props = inevitable silliness. Perfect. It’s exactly what I wanted 🙂
Did the photobooth props make it to the dance floor at your wedding? At one point, I don’t think there were any props on the table, because they were all being worn!
*All photos by the totally terrific Brenda Upton Photography.
If you missed any part of this whale of a tale, get caught up here. Previously…
- My underwear was nabbed by the underwear bandit.
- We did last minute errands in Atlanta, then drove to Blairsville, where I had an emotional moment in the courthouse getting our marriage license.
- I got emotional at our rehearsal. Then it was off to bed, where my Ambien caused some unexpected weirdness.
- I awoke on my wedding day, and headed off to get ready with my bridesmaids (and give them some gifts!)
- My braided hairstyle was everything I ever dreamed of.
- After putting on my veil, it was time to head over to where I was getting married!!
- The bridesmaids got dressed, and then I got dressed!!
- I showed off my accessories, which featured turquoise tights, a fab hair flower, and a bright pink crinoline!
- The bridesmaids and I took some super fun photos, and then I took some solo shots. And then the guys got in on the photo fun.
- I squealed with excitement over our wedding video sneak peek.
- The girls feasted on snacks while the guys panicked.
- We processed in, and Mike began our ceremony. We said our vows (which were written on our manatee cards), exchanged rings, and Mr. Whale sang a special song.
- I hugged some people, even though I felt awkward. Then we moved on to family photos.
- The wedding party posed, jumped, and ran! Mr. Whale and I took some pictures together.
- We kicked the reception off with some Montell Jordan and Van Halen! Then we chowed down on dinner and cake.
- We heard some musical toasts and then toasts from my dad, the best man, and the maid of honor. Then Mr. Whale and I put on a special performance of our own.
- We swayed to our Get Up Kids first dance.