Where I left off, the last song, “Don’t Stop Believing”, had just played. We were all super pumped. And I thought the night was over.
My brother had other plans. He starts yelling, “Play some Beastie Boys!!!” Why Beastie Boys? I honestly have no idea. Seems like an odd choice, right? Maybe. But since we technically had the band until midnight and it was only about 11:40, they were happy to oblige.
So we all rocked out for a few minutes. And then, a funny thing happened…
It was time for the third verse, but the singer couldn’t remember it. And the next thing I knew, my brother was on the stage holding a mic! I think you see where this is going… 🙂
Oh yeah. It was like Piano Man all over again, but even more epic. He was born to be a rockstar.
Still don’t believe me? Well, then you have to see the video proof.
So epic. In fact, I e-mailed our videographer after the wedding to ask if he got it on video, and he replied, “Oh I got your brother’s Beastie Boys performance. Epic. Truly epic.”
It was the perfect way to end the night. Mr. Whale pulled me in for one last kiss.
Then the lights came on, and it was time to get out of there.
And that’s basically it for the Blue Whale wedding. But I’ve got one more quick post, so I hope you’ll stay with me for just one more recap! (Spoiler: It involves some sparklers!!)
If you missed any part of this whale of a tale, get caught up here. Previously…
- My underwear was nabbed by the underwear bandit.
- We did last minute errands in Atlanta, then drove to Blairsville, where I had an emotional moment in the courthouse getting our marriage license.
- I got emotional at our rehearsal. Then it was off to bed, where my Ambien caused some unexpected weirdness.
- I awoke on my wedding day, and headed off to get ready with my bridesmaids (and give them some gifts!)
- My braided hairstyle was everything I ever dreamed of.
- After putting on my veil, it was time to head over to where I was getting married!!
- The bridesmaids got dressed, and then I got dressed!!
- I showed off my accessories, which featured turquoise tights, a fab hair flower, and a bright pink crinoline!
- The bridesmaids and I took some super fun photos, and then I took some solo shots. And then the guys got in on the photo fun.
- I squealed with excitement over our wedding video sneak peek.
- The girls feasted on snacks while the guys panicked.
- We processed in, and Mike began our ceremony. We said our vows (which were written on our manatee cards), exchanged rings, and Mr. Whale sang a special song.
- I hugged some people, even though I felt awkward. Then we moved on to family photos.
- The wedding party posed, jumped, and ran! Mr. Whale and I took some pictures together.
- We kicked the reception off with some Montell Jordan and Van Halen! Then we chowed down on dinner and cake.
- We heard some musical toasts and then toasts from my dad, the best man, and the maid of honor. Then Mr. Whale and I put on a special performance of our own.
- We swayed to our Get Up Kids first dance. Then we opened up the dance floor.
- Our guests loved the photobooth and the mad libs.
- Mr. Whale and some of the guys had an impromptu singalong to “Piano Man”.
- I share all the details, including a lot of DIY.